Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Howard Magazine Best Medical Providers for 2008

Howard Magazine (formerly Columbia Magazine) recently published its Best of Howard '08 survey results. Here are their winners in medical fields, along with some of my own comments.

Best Dental Practice: Dobbin Dental
Honorable mention: Dr. David Halpern, Katkow Dentistry, Alan Epstein & Associates, Dr. Bill DeLong

My comment: I'm sure these are fine practitioners, but I've never used them. I've been very pleased with the dentists we've used for a number of years. I go to the Roschella & Zinger Dental Group, which moved last year to new offices in Marriottsville. I have been very happy with Dr. Zinger and the staff. Similarly, for many years my daughter has gone to Dr. Casey Crafton at Crafton Dental in Columbia and we've been delighted with his whole office's service and style.

Best Pediatric Practice: Kenneth Klebanow & Associates
Honorable mention: Parnes, May & Associates, Dr. Aruna Khurana, Pediatric Center

My comment: I fully concur with the choice of Kenneth Klebanow & Associates in Columbia. We've been taking our daughter to Dr. Marinelli at that practice since she (our daughter) was a baby. They've always been responsive to our occasional medical worries and small emergencies, and they even get all those school health forms done on time.

Best Ob/Gyn Practice: Drs. Esposito, Mayer, Hogan & Associates
Honorable mentions: Capital Women's Care, The Women's Ob-Gyn Group, Dr. Jeri Shuster

My comment: I don't really have one...

These were the only three categories listed. No general practitioners or other medical services were included in this survey, but perhaps they were covered separately by the magazine. If I find out, I will let you know.

For more results from this survey, see also Howard Magazine's Best Foodie Places for 2008.

No comments: